What could be more exciting than combining the celebratory atmosphere of a wedding with an exotic get-away to a far off land. Often the selected destination holds some special meaning for the couple, or perhaps it might just be somewhere they have always dreamt of visiting (like Barbados). One of the most appealing aspects of a destination wedding for the guests is the opportunity to immerse themselves in the local culture, foods and traditions via the intimate gatherings (pre/post wedding) organized by the couple. Finally, destination weddings often mean a smaller guest list, which means they can sometimes be less expensive than large formal weddings in the couple’s home town.
- Valid passports or birth certificates.
- Return tickets.
- If either party was divorced, an original Decree Absolute or a certified copy of the Final Judgment.
- If either party was previously married and widowed, a certified copy of the Marriage Certificate and Death Certificate in respect of the deceased spouse.
- For a Roman Catholic ceremony, the relevant documents must be sent by your bishop to the bishop of Bridgetown.
- Where necessary, all documents not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
You may contact the Ministry of Home Affairs at tel: 246-228-8950/fax: 246-437-3794.